Saturday, June 29, 2013

A nice surprise this week!

After leaving a meeting at Hennepin County Century Plaza with student interns, I was walking to my car in the nearby church parking lot.  As I was looking at this very old church, I was remembering all my visits of various churches in Europe many years ago.  I then realized that right here in front of me was something I should take the time to see.  I had parked at this lot many times over the years, but never thought of actually going in to check it out.  So I did.  There was security people at the door in the visitors reception area.  They were confused by my request to look in at the chapel, but finally realized I wanted nothing more than to visit.  I was let in and left to be on my own.  In the huge chapel, the organist was practicing on a 6,000 pipe organ!  It brought tears to my eyes hearing the lovely music and the light from all the stained glass was brilliant in the noon sunshine.  I sat for a bit and thought a few photos would be good.  When I started walking to the back, I realized I wasn't alone.  A volunteer was cleaning the hymnal racks and sharpening the little pencils.  She gave me a tour, led me up to the balcony and told me some of the history of the church.  Here are my pictures that I wanted to share with you of the 100 year old Central Lutheran Church.  Enjoy!  and imagine the beautiful music...



No comments:

Post a Comment